Administrative and Management Specialist
This series covers Program Support, Administrative Management, Program Evaluation & Risk Analysis, Policy Analysis, Staff Assistant, Outreach Specialist, Resources Management, Communications, or External Affairs positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing administrative and management work. Position titles may vary.
- Vacancies filled under this public notice may have varying levels of promotion potential and supervisory level, if any.
- Positions may be filled as permanent, term, or temporary with a full-time or part-time work schedule.
As a Administrative and Management Specialist you may:
- Provide strategic advice to the Program Director and staff on communications strategy and managing the website, other online communications tools, press releases, print publications, and event planning and coordination.
- Provide budget input to the supervisor for the assigned program/projects, and supplies justification as to the importance of efforts and the consequences of not providing the necessary funding.
- Prepare communications such as the development of mission statements, special reports, etc. within assigned areas and respond in oral and written form to requests for information by determining the nature of the information required and assembling the material using the appropriate format and style based on needs and organization.
- Interpret regulations for the States, DOE field offices, and professional organizations with respect to analysis and/or implementation of comprehensive program activities relating to the multifaceted energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives required by various national program legislation or directives.
- Address a wide variety of highly complex energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in an assigned area within the Office and recommends solutions to project problems of an especially complex, difficult, or sensitive nature.
- Assure that projects proceed in a manner consistent with approved objectives, costs, and schedules.
- Coordinate with other organizations regarding work accomplishment, priorities, chains of command, and communication channels.
- Change workflows and work assignments to balance workloads and increase effectiveness of operations and personnel utilization.
- Collaborate with risk owners in tracking the implementation and revision of risk mitigation and issue corrective action plans.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to track risk mitigation activities and its impact on the project implementation activities, using the enterprise risk/issue tracking tools.
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of scopes of work and determines schedules and budgets to achieve program goals.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability requirements.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Positions may be filled as permanent, term, or temporary with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
- The vacancies filled through these appointments have varying levels of background investigative requirements, up to a Top Secret DOE “Q” clearance.
- These positions are covered under funding provided under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and/or the Inflation Reduction Act approved by Congress and the Biden administration.
- Positions may be covered by a bargaining unit. Bargaining unit will vary by departmental element, grade, and/or location.
Post expires at 5:00pm on Friday March 1st, 2024