Brookwoods Group is working with an investment recovery firm that serves a variety of industries, with a key focus on the Oil and Gas industry to fill a full time Staff Accountant position.
You will manage the company’s accounting functions from payroll, general ledger, financial statements, reconciling, accounts payables, computing taxes and tax returns. Working with the principals of this growing company you will be able to practice all of your accounting skills and help them build a solid accounting department.
You should be a self-starter and have the ability to work autonomously. At the same time work well with a team and manage multiple projects at one time.
This position is located at I10 and Hwy 6 location and will be 4 days in the office and 1 day working from your home office, this can be flexible which day.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as an accountant or bookkeeper
- Must have 2+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Must have advanced Excel skills including Vlookups and Pivot Tables
- Hands on experience with account software like QuickBooks or NetSuite
Preferred but not required:
- Advanced degree or additional certifications (CPA or CMA)
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance
- The role is based in Houston, TX (there is no relocation package for this position)
- Drug screening will be required prior to and/or during employment
- Salary is dependent on years of experience; package includes exceptional benefits
- Correspondence should refer to R2211362
Post expires at 8:24pm on Friday March 31st, 2023